You are here
DCC Roadshow London
21-22 May 2012 |
The 11th DCC regional roadshow will take place on 21st and 22nd May at 58 Prince's Gate, South Kensington Campus, Imperial College London.
The roadshow is being organised in conjunction with Library Services at Imperial College London.
We are delighted to announce that the event will be opened by Frances Boyle, assistant director of library services at Imperial.
Registration is FREE and delegates can choose to attend one or both days, according to their roles and responsibilities.
- Day 1 will be a general introduction. Best practice will be shared through case studies to help build a community of data management expertise in the London area.
- Day 2 will be a strategic training day. The workshop will provide an introduction to curation and DCC tools through presentations and breakout exercises, to help you start to plan research data management services for your institution.
Directions to the venue are given on the Imperial website.
- Frances Boyle - Welcome and introduction
- Graham Pryor - Why manage research data?
- Marieke Guy - What the DCC can do for you
- Michael Soljak - Rapid Organisation of Health Research Data (ROHRD) project
- Jez Cope - The Research 360 @ Bath project
- Stephen Grace - Institutional Engagement: UEL & DCC
- Tito Castillo - Data Management Planning for the UCL Secure Services project
- Louise Corti - Research Data @Essex
Day 2 Presentations
- Michael Day - Introduction to RDM: activities, roles and requirements
- Sarah Jones - Supporting data management planning
- Marieke Guy - Facing the data challenge: Developing data policy & services
- Exercise 1: CARDIO Quiz - assess RDM strengths & weaknesses
- Exercise 2: How to support data management planning
- Exercise 3: Developing a roadmap for research data management
Costs and Registration
Registration is now closed.