You are here
DCC Roadshow Loughborough
07-08 February 2012 |
The 8th DCC regional roadshow took place on 7-8th February at Burleigh Court in Loughborough.
The roadshow was organised in conjunction with the Department of Information Science at the University of Loughborough.
- Day 1 was a general introduction, sharing best practice through case studies to build a community of RDM expertise in the East Midlands.
- Day 2 was a strategic training day for research support staff to start to plan research Research Data Management services.
See the event programme for full details.
Image credit: Creative Commons BY-NC-ND by Alex Drennan
Event contact: Sarah Jones, 0141 3303549
Blog summary of day 1 by Rachel Proudfoot, Leeds RoaDMap project
Blog summary of event by Anne Spalding of the Kaptur project
Day 1 presentations:
- Kevin Ashley, The Changing Data Landscape [ppt] [pdf]
- Bill Hubbard, The ADMIRe project: A Data Management Infrastructure for Research at the University of Nottingham [ppt] [pdf]
- Paul Stainthorp, The Orbital project: managing engineering data at the University of Lincoln [google docs]
- Miggie Pickton & Sarah Jones, RDM initatives at the University of Northampton [ppt] [pdf]
- Jonathan Tedds, Research Data Management at the University of Leicester [ppt] [pdf]
- Martin Hamilton, Storm chasing: updating IT strategy for cloud computing, post-pc, open data and more! [slideshare] [video]
- Sarah Jones, What the DCC can do for you [ppt] [pdf]
Day 2 presentations and exercises:
- Andrew McHugh, Introduction to Research Data Management: activities, roles and requirements [ppt] [pdf]
- Exercise 1: CARDIO Quiz - assess RDM strengths & weaknesses
- Monica Duke, Data Management Planning [ppt] [pdf]
- Exercise 2: How to support data management planning
- Sarah Jones, Facing the data challenge: Developing data policy & services [slideshare]
- Exercise 3: Developing a roadmap for research data management