You are here
Submissions can take a number of forms and will be considered for either the main conference, which will take place on 20-21 February, or the "workshop" days, which will take place on 19 & 22 February 2018.
On entering the ConfTool system you will be invited to choose the type of participation (e.g. research paper, practice papers, poster etc. ) and the relevant session theme/themes from the list of topics.
Your submission can take a number of forms, as follows:
- Research Papers should present original and novel conclusions derived from significant supporting evidence. The evidence may be experimental, observational or textual in nature, but the method used to derive the conclusions must be clear. Research data should be interpreted broadly to include the digital subjects of all types of research and scholarship, including Arts and Humanities, and all the Sciences.Research papers should be submitted as full papers for peer review and for inclusion in the IJDC as reviewed papers. Papers should be no longer than 12 pages (excluding references & appendices). Please use research paper template.
- Practice Papers may identify challenges, propose a solution or approach tackling the same, or describe an activity or research project currently in progress or recently completed. Of particular interest are lessons learned from digital curation activities, and recommendations for best practice. Practice Track papers should be submitted as extended abstracts for peer review. These should be no more than 1000 words. On acceptance, we will request a final paper of no more than 10 pages (excluding references & appendices.) Those received in good time will be candidates for publication in the IJDC as general articles. Please use practice paper template.
- Workshops will take place on Monday 19 February and Thursday 22 February. Workshop proposals need to include the title and description, plus proposed number of delegates, expected number of speakers and required room layout , i.e theatre style, classroom, cabaret. All workshops need to be fully funded either by the workshop organisers in which case the workshop will be free or funded by charging a delegate fee. Please note there is a minimum cost for a full day and a half day workshop. Please check Workshop submissions for more detailed information about the process.
- Posters enable individuals or groups to display information about innovative projects or activities in an informative, interactive environment. Posters will be displayed in an open area and there will be a dedicated poster viewing slot in the conference programme to ensure all delegates have time to see the posters of interest to them. The ideal poster should be designed to attract attention, provide a brief overview of your work and initiate discussion. Posters need to be as simple and as clear as possible with an emphasis on graphics rather than text. Posters should adhere to the following guidelines:
- A1 portrait or landscape - 594mm x 841mm or approximately 33.1" x 23.4"
- Your poster should be one piece and not made up of separate sections.
- Your poster should include title, author(s) names, affiliations, institutional logos, where appropriate, and email addresses
Poster proposals should be submitted as one-page abstracts by using the poster template, although the poster itself is also an acceptable form of submission. The poster will need to be submitted prior to the conference in PDF format.
There will be a prize for the best poster!
- Demonstrations of new software tools and resources will be considered for inclusion in a showcase session. Demo proposals should be submitted as a one-page abstract. This will need to include details of any technical requirements. Please use demo template.
All submissions to ConfTool must use the template provided
- Research paper template
- Practice paper template
- Workshop template
- Poster template
- Demonstration template
For details about the conference theme and suggested topics check the Call for Papers
For information about the submission deadlines, please see Submission Dates