You are here
ISO 9241-171: Software Accessibility
Date added 26 November 2008
Last edited 12 November 2009
ISO 9241-171: Ergonomics of Human-system Interaction - Part 171: Guidance on Software Accessibility
ISO 9241-171 gives guidance on the ergonomics of a wide range of software to ensure design for accessibility, and increased usability. It addresses the needs of a many different users with a wide range of physical, sensory or cognitive abilities. It does not address the additional use of assistive technology by some users. The guidance is designed for those charged with the design, development, evaluation or procurement of software systems and their operating platforms.
Standards Developing Organisations
No information available.
- Access, Use and Reuse
- Electronic Records Management Standards
- Design Standards
- 2008 - ISO 9241-171: Ergonomics of Human-system Interaction - Part 171: Guidance on Software Accessibility [external]
- Full text available for purchase from ISO.
Alternative Current Versions
- 2003 - (ISO/TS 16071: Ergonomics of Human-System Interaction - Guidance on Accessibility for Human-Computer Interfaces) [external]
- 2006 - ISO/DIS 9241-171: Ergonomics of Human-System Interaction - Part 171: Guidance on Software Accessibility
- Not known