You are here
Date added 18 March 2009
Last edited 11 May 2009
Crystallographic Information File
The Crystallographic Information File is an extensible standard file format for the exchange of crystallographic and related structured data. A CIF file is a profile of the more generally applicable STAR File Format (Self-Defining Text Archival and Retrieval).
Standards Developing Organisations
- Access, Use and Reuse
- Digital Repository Standards
- Metadata Structure Standards
- 2002 - Crystallographic Information File, version 1.1 [external]
- Available for download from the International Union of Crystallography.
Alternative Current Versions
- 1991 - Crystallographic Information File, version 1.0 [external]
- Available for download from the International Union of Crystallography