You are here
Date added 10 August 2009
Last edited 4 November 2009
Descriptive Cataloging of Ancient, Medieval, Renaissance, and Early Modern Manuscripts
Descriptive Cataloging of Ancient, Medieval, Renaissance, and Early Modern Manuscripts are rules intended to supplement AACR2 (Anglo American cataloguing Rules, 2nd Edition). They allow the creation of item level MARC 21 (MAchine Readable Cataloging) records, and the exchange of these, for pre-modern manuscript materials.
Standards Developing Organisation
- American Library Association
No available information
- Create or Receive
- Description and Representation Information
- Digital Archive Standards
- Metadata Content Standards
- 2003 - Descriptive Cataloging of Ancient, Medieval, Renaissance, and Early Modern Manuscripts by Gregory Pass.
- The rules are published in hard copy format and are widely available from book sellers or appropriate professional organisations.
Alternative Current Versions