You are here
Date added 17 December 2009
Last edited 17 December 2009
National Council on Archives: Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names
The NCA Rules provide a a set of rules to ensure consistency when creating index headings or access points for personal, place and corporate names, during cataloguing activities.
Standards Developing Organisation
- National Council on Archives
No available information
- Access, Use and Reuse
- Description and Representation Information
- Digital Archive Standards
- Metadata Content Standards
- 1997 - National Council on Archives: Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names [external PDF]
- Full text available for download.
- Paradigm Workbook: Indexing and Authority Files [external]
- Overview of how the NCA Rules fit into the Indexing and Authority Files landscape.
Alternative Current Versions
- Archives, Personal Papers and Manuscripts: a Cataloguing Manual for Archival Repositories, Historical Societies, and Manuscript Libraries
- Rules for Archival Description