You are here
DCC Roadshow Northwest England
20-21 March 2012 |
The 9th DCC regional roadshow will take place on 20th and 21st March at the University of Salford.
We are delighted to announce that the event will be opened by Professor Martin Hall, Vice Chancellor of the University of Salford and Chair of the UK Open Access Implementation Group.
Registration is FREE and delegates can choose to attend one or both days, according to their roles and responsibilities.
- Day 1 will be a general introduction and is open to all. Best practice will be shared through case studies to help build a community of data management expertise in the Northwest of England.
- Day 2 will be a strategic training day for research support staff. The workshop will provide an introduction to curation and DCC tools through presentations and breakout exercises, to help you start to plan research data management services for your institution.
Joining instructions for those already registered are now available.
Speakers and presentations on Day 1:
- Professor Martin Hall, Vice Chancellor, University of Salford / Chair of the UK Open Access Implementation Group [slides]
- Professor Terrence Fernando, Director of ThinkLab, University of Salford [slides]
- Meik Poschen, MaDAM and MiSS Projects, University of Manchester [slides]
- Rachel Kane, Research Data Management Project Manager, Research and Innovation Services, University of Sheffield
- Managing research data: From tsunami to tools and services - Graham Pryor, DCC [slides]
Day 2 will cover three key topics, with accompanying practical exercises:
- Introduction to RDM: Activities, Roles and Requirements [slides] [exercise]
- Making the Case for Data Management [slides] [exercise]
- Facing the Data Challenge: Developing Data Policy and Services [slides] [exercise]
Costs and Registration
Please note that registration for this event is now closed. Joining instructions for those already registered are now available.
Stay Inn Hotel
55 Blackfriars Road
Manchester M3 7DB
Tel: 0161 907 2277
Double room for single occupancy at £40.00 Room only
Twin/ double room shared by 2 people £49.00 Room only
(If booking online, please quote DCC in the special request box.)
Copthorne Hotel Manchester
T: +44 (0) 16 1873 7321
Rate on 20th March - £64.00 Bed and breakfast
(Please quote "DCC" when booking.)
55 Ordsall Lane
Manchester M5 4RS
Tel: 0161 833 1845
(Quote "Salford University" when booking to receive the discounted rate of £45.00 for Bed and Breakfast)