You are here
Investing in Opportunity: Policy Practice and Planning for a Sustainable Digital Future
17-18 November 2014 |
Funded by the European Commission, ‘Investing in Opportunity’ is a free conference but places are limited so booking is essential to avoid disappointment. Register now.
Brought to you by the 4C project (Collaboration to Clarify the Costs of Curation) and the DPC (Digital Preservation Coalition), the conference will compare the strategic economic aspirations of funders and policy makers against the practical experience of digital preservation, including perspectives from practitioners, vendors and users of digital preservation services. It will identify emerging best practice and will provide a forum for needs and practical requirements to be articulated.
Participants will be invited to review key 4C Project deliverables, considering the implications of these resources and providing the opportunity to shape these to suit community needs before they are submitted to the European Commission. In particular participants will have a final chance to influence the soon to be published Digital Curation Roadmap.
The conference also coincides with a ceremony at which the biennial Digital Preservation Awards will be presented.
Who should come?
This conference will be beneficial to:
- Research funders
- Funders of digital infrastructure
- Collections managers, librarians, curators and archivists in memory institutions and higher education
- Information and records managers in regulated sectors whether in the public or private sector
- CIOs and CTOs in organisations with commercial intellectual property such as publishers or content creators
- Vendors and developers with digital preservation solutions
- Researchers who have an interest in using well curated digital content whatever its size, provenance or content type Agencies and SMEs with a commercial interest in curated information
Digital content creators, curators and funders alike, across public and private sectors, will find relevance in addresses from leaders in digital curation. Their insightful analyses of the state of the art in digital curation will remind us all of the need to make smart investments now, buying ourselves options for the sustainable digital future we are striving to achieve. And the 4C project will aim to show us how.
Keep an eye on the 4C Project and DPC website for conference theme and speaker announcements. For the latest ‘Investing in Opportunity’ Conference news follow @4c_project on Twitter or search #IIO2014.
Costs and Registration
Registration is free but place are limited.