You are here
Digital Preservation: What I Wish I Knew Before I Started 2014
23 January 2014 |
The DPC, the Archives & Records Association and Tessella are inviting students and researchers in archives, records management and librarianship to this day long conference on practical workplace skills in digital preservation. The event has been organised in partnership with the Universities of Aberystwyth, Dundee, and University College London, and aims to bring together a select group of leading practitioners and the next generation of archivists, records managers and librarians to discuss the challenges of digital collections management and digital preservation.
The event is of interest to:
- Students and recent graduates in library and archive schools
- Students and recent graduates in information management and records management
- Tutors, lecturers and course convenors in library and archive schools, or who teach records management or information governance
- Innovators, vendors and commentators on digital preservation and cognate fields
- Employers seeking to understand the skills needed to operate digital preservation facilities or seeking to recruit new entrants
Costs and Registration
General registration is now open. Attendance is free but registration is essential and a non-attendance fee of £25 will be charged to registered no-shows.Registration can be cancelled up to a week before the event.