You are here
Screening the Future 2013: Crossing Boundaries for AV Preservation
07-08 May 2013 |
Screening the Future is an annual showcase delivered by PrestoCentre and focusing on the latest technological trends in audiovisual preservation.
This international conference brings together leaders in the fields of technology and research, and those with strategic responsibility for digitisation and digital preservation in the creative and cultural industries including broadcast, post-production, motion picture, sound and music recording, visual and performing arts.
The conference aims to navigate participants through current case studies and latest thinking on standards and planning for the digital preservation of AV assets.
Key Topics include:
- Sector-based responses to the changing technological nature of media assets in our collections and archives
- Sector-based trends in preservation technology
- Institutional responses to how collection and preservation mandates are realised and stretched by the digital
- Media preservation as sound investment; new methodologies for valuing our media assets
- The psychology of preservation; our motivations and dynamics in practice
- Maintaining a vision in a culture of operational alliances and partnerships
- Acknowledging and advocating for difference; understanding the impact of sector-based and institutional distinction on preservation strategies and solutions
For more information about the conference and registration please visit: http://2013.screeningthefuture.com