You are here
RDMF18: Uncertainty > Data > Opportunity?
20-21 November 2017 |
The Research Data Management Forum is (we believe) the UK's longest running research data focused series of events. This Autumn we return to the RDMF's spiritual home in Manchester!
This event will be of interest to: representatives of library, information and research organisations; repository managers; data curators, data centre managers and other data professionals; research administrators and CRIS system managers; research funding organisations; publishers; researchers and research networks.
Speakers and presentations:
The full event agenda is available via the link on the right-hand side of this page. Presentation slides are available via the links below:
- Opening and closing slides - Martin Donnelly (DCC)
- Keynote: "What are the challenges for Data Science?" - Professor Magnus Rattray, Professor of Computational and Systems Biology and Director of the Data Science Institute (University of Manchester)
- Institutional case study: CRIS, research data and institutional reporting - Becky Gordon (Research Services, University of Lancaster)
- Institutional case studies: Using APIs to customise repositories and engage audiences at University of Sheffield (UK) and St Edward’s University (USA) - Megan Hardeman (figshare) and Jez Cope (University of Sheffield)
- Presentation: Managing research data throughout its lifecycle, and across multiple services - Professor Paul Jeffreys (The Institute of Cancer Research)
- Presentation: Scaling and empowering culture change - Shoaib Sufi (Software Sustainability Institute)
- Breakout group: "Supporting resources for RDM: toolkits and workflows"; chair: Andrea Chiarelli (Research Consulting)
- Twitter: We used the hashtag #rdmf18. A Storify page from the event can be found here.
- Jez Cope liveblogged the event here
Feedback: We always welcome feedback on our events to help us improve future sessions. Please take a moment to complete our short feedback form.
Costs and Registration
Registrations are now closed.
Venue address and travel:
Manchester M14 6NN
Tel: 0161 907 7414
Please note that Levenshulme is the closest suburban station to the venue. The closest mainline station is Manchester Oxford Road, and the venue is a 10-15 minute taxi ride from there.
Image credit: https://www.flickr.com/photos/wumengyu/4649891262 (CC)