You are here
New MOOC: Delivering Research Data Management Services
Delivering Research Data Management Services MOOC
The Digital Curation Centre in collaboration with Research Data Netherlands have developed an online course on Delivering Research Data Management Services (DRDMS). The course is now open for enrolment at https://www.futurelearn.com/courses/delivering-research-data-management-services starting officially on the 2nd of September 2019.
Data transforms the way we live and work, so it’s becomingly increasingly important it is stored and organised correctly. On this course, you’ll learn how to develop and deliver effective data management services to improve research in your organisation. You will discover common research support services, how to create data management plans, and how to develop your own research data management roadmap. DRDMS is aimed at individuals that support researchers to manage and share their data, including librarians, IT and information specialists, data stewards, and research office staff.
DRDMS will cover the followng topics:
- What research support services are commonly offered and who is responsible for providing them?
- How to perform your own gap analysis and what tools you will need to make it happen
- How to support researchers to develop Data Management Plans (DMPs) and offer feedback or consultations
- How to provide for short and long term preservation and storage of research data and where possible, use existing community standards
- How to develop your own RDM Roadmap